Habitat for Humanity believes that all hard-working individuals and families should have access to the benefits and stability of homeownership. In this belief, we are committed to partnering with families to build simple, decent, and affordable housing.
The low cost of our homes is made possible by the exceptional support of our community. Building costs remain low thanks to impressive donations and generous volunteerism. These factors make it possible to sell our homes to accepted families with a 0% interest loan and at no profit.
If you or someone you know is interested in applying to be a homeowner through Habitat for Humanity, please consider our three criteria:
1. Need for Housing
2. Ability to Pay
3. Willingness to Partner
Overview of the Process for Buying a Habitat Home
- After determining that you meet our three criteria, please attend one of our homeowner information meetings. Applications are available at the Habitat Office and at Homeowner Information Meetings
- Our Family Selection Committee with then review your application and hold a home interview to determine your approval for homeownership.
- Once approved, you will be asked to sign a Covenant Agreement and make a modest deposit toward your home.
- You are then eligible to start earning sweat equity. At minimum, each adult family member will be required to complete ten hours per month. Often a build lot offering is based on which family has the most sweat equity accrued. So have fun, and start sweating!
- Once your family reaches the top of the sweat equity list, you will be offered a build lot, at which time you will start working on your own home’s progress!
|We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or sources of income.|
|Partner Family Account Access|
Contact Habitat's Family Services Liaison