Habitat for Humanity of Monroe County is seeking Volunteer Crew Leaders. Crew Leaders assist Construction Staff in leading volunteers to perform specific construction tasks on site. You can become a Volunteer Crew Leader in one or more construction skills.
In order to be certified to lead a crew, each Crew Leader will be required to:
- attend one general orientation session
- attend a hands-on training session for each task they wish to supervise
- lead volunteer groups on two or more build days as a trainee, with supervision
- gain approval from one of our construction staff members
A great Volunteer Crew Leader:
- is committed to affordable housing and Habitat’s mission
- is committed to volunteerism
- enjoys working with a wide variety of people
- is a morning person or can arrive on site well-caffeinated
- can tackle physically-demanding work safely and at a steady pace
- is energized by working as part of a team to accomplish a challenging goal
- is flexible and adaptable
- is available to lead a crew of volunteers multiple times per year
- is at least 18 years old
Does that sound like you? Train to become a Volunteer Crew Leader! Click here to sign up and email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our Crew Leader email list.
Learn more now by reviewing our Construction Manual.