Since our founding in 1988, Monroe County Habitat has built 185 homes and served more than 600 people including more than 400 children. This is only possible because of the hard work and incredible dedication of volunteers like you. Each year, volunteers donate more than 12,000 hours of time and save Habitat more than $4 million! We build strength, stability, self-reliance and shelter.
Be a part of making Monroe County a better place to call home – and join us in the many ways we have to get involved. We welcome all walks of life to join us as we build decent, affordable houses in partnership with families in need, and look forward to working with you.
Volunteer Opportunities – Get Involved!
Work Site – Volunteer on our build site alongside our hardworking families.
- Construction – Build a home with our future home owners! Don’t have construction experience? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. We welcome all skill levels to the build site and will train you. Learn more about volunteering in Construction.
- Hospitality – Want to be on the build site, but don’t want to build? You can serve as a Site Host! Welcome and check in volunteers, set up hospitality stations (food, water, first aid), help maintain safety, and make new friends with the volunteers and future homeowners!
- Food Donor – Do you love to bake or cook? Help us feed our hardworking (and hungry!) volunteers on the build site. Homemade goodies, donated snacks, or full lunches are much appreciated! Preview a suggested menu here.
Behind the Scenes – Work closely with our staff and homeowners to plan events, design marketing materials, prepare special mailings, or review homeowner applications. Building homes alongside hardworking families and volunteers wouldn’t be possible without our behind the scenes volunteers!
- Office Volunteers – Assist our office team by maintaining records and data, preparing mailings, making phone calls to supporters, and supporting reception at our front desk.
- Committee Member – Make a difference in a leadership role by joining one of our standing committees : ReStore, Public Relations, Family Selections, Events, Gratitude. Learn more about volunteering on a Committee.
- Spanish Translator
- Social Media Contributor
- Homeowner Budget Partner or Class Instructor
Volunteering is a great way to bring your corporate, faith, or community group together and build relationships through teamwork. We offer construction and ReStore opportunities for groups! If you are interested in volunteering with a group or organization, please submit the Group Volunteer Request Form or contact the Engagement Coordinator at (812) 331-4069 or email@example.com.
As a student of Indiana University or Bloomington High School North, you can also get involved with Habitat for Humanity through a school chapter. Chapters have build spots reserved for large groups throughout the year, and always welcome new members. In addition to building, each chapter hosts special events to raise awareness and support for Habitat for Humanity. Habitat chapters are a great way to meet like-minded people, and they’ll keep you engaged in both your school and your community. Please visit the Indiana University Chapter or BHSN Habitat Chapter websites for more information.
Learn about volunteering at ReStore
Sign up to volunteer here!
I am a first time volunteer.
- Please submit a Volunteer Information Form
- Register for your shift below!
I am a returning volunteer.
- Skip the Volunteer Information Form and register for your shift below!